Last updated on April 4th, 2023
Online Baccarat in New Jersey
Baccarat is a classic casino card game that has retained its popularity with the shift to online casinos in the 21st century. Such is its popularity, you’ll struggle to find an online casino in the state of New Jersey that doesn’t offer at least one variation of the game. Beginners often gravitate towards blackjack as, at first glance, the rules of baccarat can seem a little complicated.
The truth is, the rules aren’t that difficult to get your head around and, once you do, you’ll have found a casino game you can really enjoy. To help along in your journey, we’ll outline everything you need to know including how to play, what apps are best to play it on and even some baccarat strategy that you can use. Keep reading to find out more.
Best Online Casino to Play Online Baccarat in New Jersey
As the state which is probably the biggest gambling state outside of Nevada, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting an online casino to play baccarat on. To help you along the way, we’ve outlined some of the best online casinos below:
- BetMGM Casino
- Golden Nugget Casino
- Unibet Casino
- Caesars Casino
If you head to any of these online casinos, or download their casino apps on our iOS or Android device, you’ll find a great selection of baccarat games to get stuck into. Before you do, however, it’s important that you understand how the game works…
How to Play Online Baccarat
First things first. It’s important to know that, although it is similar in its premise to blackjack, the betting rules are different. Now you know that, let’s tell you more. The objective of a game of baccarat is to get as close to 9 as possible with a hand. Unlike blackjack, where it’s you against the dealer, you have the option to either back the player’s hand, the dealer’s hand, or a tie. So, essentially, you have a 1 in 3 chance of winning.
Once your bet has been placed, the hands are dealt and the cards are shown. The totals of each hand dictate what happens next in the game. If the dealer, or banker as it may be called in the game you play, has a hand ranging between 0-5, a third card is automatically drawn to attempt to hit a total of 9. If the dealer’s hand is an 8 or a 9 and the player’s hand is not, then the dealer is automatically declared the winner with no further cards drawn.
However, if the player’s hand totals 8 or 9, the dealer is still given the opportunity to draw again to attempt to match the hand (so long as their initial hand equals 5 or less).
Best Apps to Play Online Baccarat
Now if you’re wanting to play online baccarat on your mobile device, then your best bet is to download a dedicated casino app on your device. But how will you know which ones are best to download? We’ve got you covered below.
- BetMGM Casino App – one of the biggest and best known online casinos in the state. You can also grab yourself a big welcome bonus if you create a new account.
- Borgata Casino App – another of the top online casinos in New Jersey. Download the app today and sign up for a huge matched deposit bonus.
- 888 Casino App – you may be surprised to see this one on the list, but 888 are hugely experienced in the online casino world. Take advantage of a no deposit bonus when you sign up with them.
- BetRivers Sportsbook & Casino App – an online casino that players in the Garden State will be familiar with. A really good welcome bonus for those who are new to online casino play.
- Unibet Casino App – another European online casino that has cracked the US market. Their app is incredibly user friendly, including some top tier software that will provide you with a great experience.
Of course, there are more choices out there in terms of an online casino to play baccarat with. However, we feel these are the best options out there at the moment.
Variations of Baccarat
Like other popular online casino games such as roulette and blackjack, baccarat also has several variations of the game on offer. Here are some of the different baccarat games that you may find online:
- Punto banco – this is another name for the regular baccarat game
- Baccarat squeeze – this version allows you to slow peak the cards, to increase the drama. It replicates the version often played in Macau.
- No commission baccarat – regular baccarat comes with a 5% commission on a winning banker bet. This version removes that element entirely.
- Speed baccarat – this version of the game does exactly what it says on the tin. With speed baccarat, you can play lots of hands in a shorter amount of time. Great if you’re pressed for time!
- Live dealer baccarat – an increasingly popular version of the casino game involving a real life dealer. Most live casinos in New Jersey are only available at certain times, so check beforehand.
All of these variations of the game have one thing in common, you can win yourself a nice return if you take the time to learn the game and strategize.
Strategies to use in Baccarat
Experienced gamblers love baccarat, because the house edge is so small compared to almost every other online casino game. If you want to join in the fun and win big, you’ll need to use a baccarat strategy. Some of the best strategies you can use are:
- Back the banker’s hand – although it comes with a 5% commission on winning bets, backing the banker’s hand should see you win more in the long term.
- Do not back the tie – it only takes a simple grasp of statistics to realize that backing the tie leaves you with the least chance of winning. It’s a possibility of course, but it’s worth running the risk by backing the banker or player’s hand.
- Avoid placing side bets – side bets are unique to online baccarat and add an interesting betting angle. However, the advantage edges further into the house’s favour long term and so they’re therefore best left alone.
- Play baccarat at different online casinos – you’ll find more variations this way and are more likely to find the right one for you.
With all of this knowledge, you’re now ready to get out there and get playing baccarat online. Good luck!