Last updated on April 4th, 2023
When you’re an avid sports bettor, free bets are a fantastic way for you to enhance your experience even further with New Jersey’s top online sportsbook operators. Even if you’re new to online betting, free bets can be the perfect way for you to explore what a sportsbook has to offer in terms of the sports and betting markets to bet on. Free bets are the perfect way to place a sports bet, without the risk of losing any cash from your account. Typically, punters will use free bets to place longshot bets that they normally wouldn’t place using real cash, with the hopes of landing a massive win. Keep reading if you want to know more about free bets at New Jersey sportsbooks.
Which are the Top Free Bets
The great thing about New Jersey is that there is a massive range of online sportsbooks to choose from and each of them have great welcome offers with free bets. But only a few offer the chance to get a massive free bet as part of the sign up bonus. To make things easier, here are the top free bets on offer from New Jersey sportsbooks:
- Get up to $1,250 in Bet Credit when you sign up for a new Caesars Sportsbook account.
- Up to $1,000 in free bets for new BetMGM Sportsbook customers.
- Get a $1,000 ‘No Sweat First Bet’ with a new FanDuel Sportsbook account.
- Up to $2,000 ‘2nd chance bet’ when signing up as a new customer with PointsBet
The above offers are the ones that give customers the biggest free bet bonuses. Be aware though that each of the above is dependent on you signing up and placing a qualifying bet, with the free bet being credited to your account if your bet is settled as a loss. These types of offers are almost always 100% bet match bonuses, so you get back in free bets what you bet in real cash, but only if your bet loses. To get any of these top free bets, you have to stake the absolute maximum amount allowed for the promotion. For instance, to get the $1,250 bet credit offer from Caesars Sportsbook, you’d need to stake $1,250 on a qualifying bet type. It would also have to lose for you to land the corresponding bet credits. This is how all of these types of offers work with online sportsbooks.
Best Bookmakers with Free Bets
With so much choice in the state of New Jersey when it comes to online sportsbook operators, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and struggle to find the one that’s best for you. That’s why our experts have reviewed all of the sportsbooks in the state to provide you with this list of the best bookmakers with free bets:
- FanDuel Sportsbook – up to $1,000 free bet if first qualifying bet is a loss
- BetMGM Sportsbook – up to $1,000 in free bets risk free on sign up
- Caesars Sportsbook – up to $1,250 in bet credits as part of the ‘Full Caesar’ welcome offer
- Bet365 Sportsbook – up to $200 in free bet credits when creating a new account
- BetRivers Sportsbook – up to $500 in free bets as part of their second chance offer
- Unibet Sportsbook – up to $100 risk free bet for new customers
- Borgata Sportsbook – up to $100 in free bets when you create a new account
- PointsBet Sportsbook – up to $2,000 in free bets with new sign ups
- Wynnbet Sportsbook – get a $50 free bet and $50 casino bonus when you sign up and bet $100
As you can see, all of the top sportsbooks in the state offer free bets to new customers and they will also have ongoing promotions for existing customers to get free bets, too. If you find a sportsbook that does not offer free bets, our advice is to avoid it.
Why Free Bets are so important
Free bets are a hugely important feature for online sportsbooks. They provide bookmakers with a means to attract new customers, by essentially trying to offer the best free bet promotion compared to competitors. If you’re new to online sports betting, free bets are a great way for you to familiarize yourself with the sportsbook of your choice, as you can bet on new, exciting markets without the risk of losing any cash. Free bets are vital to the overall online sports betting experience, so make sure you bet with a bookmaker who not only has a great introductory offer, but plenty of ongoing promotions also.
Terms and Conditions for Free Bets
Every promotion run by an online sportsbook will come with its own set of terms and conditions in order for you to get your free bets. While some minor details will differ from operator to operator, such as the minimum bet amount needed to qualify, the majority will follow the same base set of terms and conditions. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are some of the most common terms and conditions you’ll encounter:
- Majority of offers are for new customers only
- You must be at least 21 years old to create an account
- You must be physically located in New Jersey
- You must make a minimum deposit into your account (usually $10)
- You must place a qualifying bet, as the minimum odds specified by the bookmaker
- If the qualifying bet is settled as a loss, your stake will be refunded as free bets
- Your free bets will come with an expiry date (usually 14 days after being credited to your account)
- Only one account per address is permitted to qualify for the promotion
- Free bets cannot be redeemed for their cash value
- Free bets are not returned in any winnings
Free Bets vs Risk-Free Bet
Generally, if you’re looking for the best sports betting promotion, you should go for free bets. The best variation of these is the classic ‘bet and get’ type of promotion in which you get a designated amount of free bets, simply for depositing or betting a certain amount. Regardless of what happens in terms of your bet’s settlement, you’ll still receive your free bets. “Risk free bets” come with the caveat that you must place your qualifying bet, but it must settle as a loss. You are then paid out the same amount you staked as free bets up to a maximum set by the bookmaker. There is no such thing as “risk free” in gambling however, so be wary of promotions that are described in this way.
Why can’t I withdraw my free bet?
Free bets do not hold real money value, therefore they cannot be withdrawn like cashing winnings can. You must use your free bet to place a bet and then anything associated winnings from it can be withdrawn.
How do I use my free bet?
Using your free bet is super simple. Just choose the bet you want to place and head to the bet slip as you normally would. Once in the bet slip, where you would normally put your wager amount, select the free bet option. Click place bet and that’s it.
Do I get the monetary value of my free bet if it wins?
No. You can use your free bet to place a sports bet of the equivalent value, however any winnings associated with a free bet come with the value of the bonus removed.
Can my free bets expire?
Yes. All free bets that are credited to customer accounts come with an expiry date. They can differ, but the most common period for free bets to expire is 14 days. If you do not use your free bet this period, it will be removed from your account.
Does my free bet come with restrictions?
Usually, free bets will come with a minimum odds restriction. This means, in order to use your free bet, you must make a selection that meets the minimum odds requirement. Some more specific promotions may also limit free bets to specific sports or sporting events e.g. the Super Bowl.