Last updated on April 4th, 2023
Live Blackjack with Realer Dealers in New Jersey
Live blackjack is arguably the most popular game of all online live casinos in the state of New Jersey. Blackjack itself is incredibly popular in bricks and mortar casinos too, and that popularity has transcended into the online space with the development of online casinos in the Garden State over the last decade. If you’re new to live casinos, or live blackjack, you may be wondering what all the fuss is about. Well, this guide is designed to provide you with all of the information you’ll need to ensure you get the best possible online gaming experience, regardless of which casino you choose to play with. Read on to find out which casinos are best to play live blackjack with, the best online blackjack variations, how to play and the best strategies to use to beat the dealer and the house.
Best Online Casinos in New Jersey for Live Blackjack
If you want to play live blackjack in New Jersey, you’re in luck. The Garden State has no shortage of top notch online casinos to choose from, most of which offer the best live blackjack games you can find. If you’re looking to choose an online casino to play live blackjack with, here are our top suggestions:
- Golden Nugget Casino – probably the biggest online casino name in the state. Take your pick of games from the extensive live casino section.
- Borgata Casino – another very well known online casino in the state. A great live casino offering that includes some live blackjack.
- BetMGM Casino – more known for their sportsbook offering but still a big name in the online casino sphere. Great deposit match bonus for new customers.
- Caesars Casino – another sportsbook operator who has branched out and launched an online casino. Offering some of the best live casino games.
If you head over to any of these online casinos, or download their dedicated iOS or Android apps, you’ll find a top class live casino including live blackjack games. Simply find the one that suits you best, take advantage of any bonus offers that you can qualify for and get playing!
Top Live Blackjack Variations
Just like with regular blackjack games at online casinos, live blackjack also has plenty of variations for you to choose from. In the Garden State, there are a few variants that are particularly popular. Some of those popular variations include:
- European Blackjack
- Spanish 21
- Blackjack Switch
- Double Exposure
Now, the rules for each of these variants are slightly different, so it’s important to know what’s what before you start playing. To give you a heads up, we’ll outline how they differ below:
- European Blackjack – one of the most straightforward, classic versions of the popular casino game. Player gets 3/1 returns if blackjack is hit with two cards.
- Spanish 21 – quite a deviation from the regular online blackjack game. All of the number 10 cards are removed, meaning it usually takes more cards to hit 21, making it even more strategic. Player will always win with 21.
- Blackjack Switch – another variation of live blackjack that is designed to make things more exciting for players. Players are dealt two hands, giving more chances to win. As a result, the odds are worse. For instance, blackjack pays out at evens rather than 3/1.
- Double Exposure – as the name suggests, this variant is played with both of the dealer’s cards facing up. This gives players more of an advantage, so there is no insurance and ties result in a house win (except for when player and dealer both get blackjack).
There are, of course, other variations that you can play online. It’s always worth having a look around and reading the rules of each game before committing to play. Depending on how you play, some variations will suit your play style more than others.
How to Play Live Blackjack with Real Dealers
If you’re used to playing blackjack online, the great news is that playing live blackjack is no different. The only differences would come from the variation of live blackjack game that you choose to play, such as some of the examples we provided above. Regardless of the game you choose to play, the aim of the game is always to hit 21 with your hand. If you can’t do that, simply getting closer than the dealer without going bust will also see you win the hand. You can also rest assured that the cards that are drawn are not down to a random number generator (RNG) machine. Playing live blackjack means you get the real life chances of getting a winning hand from your real life dealer. Some games even give you the chance to tip your live dealer, should you feel obliged to do so.
Strategies to use in Live Blackjack
Blackjack is a fairly straightforward game to play, but some strategies can help you get a little more edge over the house and increase your chances of winning slightly. Our suggested strategies for playing live blackjack are:
- Sit as far away from the dealer as possible – this gives you more time to think about your play and observe what others at the table are doing.
- Find a game that pays 3 to 2 for blackjack – this and finding a game in which the dealer stands on a soft 17 are two of the most important things to note.
- Practice makes perfect – if you’re new to playing blackjack online, find yourself a free version to practice and get used to how the game plays before trying the real thing.
- Find a blackjack game that offers Surrender – a blackjack game offering surrender allows you to forfeit your hand for half your stake back. A great option when things aren’t going your way.
- Stay within your budget – this is key advice for any form of gambling. You need to decide how much you’re willing to play with in advance and not exceed that amount.
With all of this knowledge and advice, you’re ready to play live blackjack online. Simply decide which online casino you’re going to play with and take on the house!