Last updated on November 29th, 2022
Live roulette is arguably one of the most popular online casino games there is. Walk into any bricks and mortar casino, or load up one of the many online casinos in the state of New Jersey and you’ll have no trouble finding yourself a roulette game to get involved in. It’s a staple of any casino and one that is hugely popular with players. One of its main appeals is that it offers payouts that are far bigger than pretty much any other casino table game. With the development of online casinos in the state in the last decade, it’s now a hugely popular online game, too. Online casinos have taken things a step further with live roulette, however. Live casinos are now the most immersive and most realistic casino experience you can get without setting foot in a real life casino. A real casino, with real dealers and real winnings. Here, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about live roulette including the best online casinos to play it, some popular variations, how to play the game and more.
Best Online Casinos in New Jersey for Live Roulette
AND $100 free
You’ll get a $100 gas card
+200$ Free Spins
Bet only 1$!
$20 On the House
20 Free Spins Offer
On 1st $50 Deposit
If you’re looking to play live roulette in New Jersey then you’ll be pleased to know that there is no shortage of online casinos for you to play at. If you’re looking to boot up a live casino and go for a spin on a real life roulette wheel, here are the best places to do so:
- Borgata Casino – sign up today to take advantage of a 100% deposit match bonus up to $1,000.
- Golden Nugget Casino – up to $1,500 bonus when signing up as a new customer.
- BetMGM Casino – create a new account to get a 100% deposit match bonus up to $1,000.
There are other online gambling sites in the Garden State that offer live roulette also, so you can shop around and see what’s best for you. The sites we’ve listed above all provide a top quality live casino experience and offer some of the best welcome bonuses out there.
Top Live Roulette Variations
When you visit an online casino, you’ll generally find a variety of options when it comes to live roulette. The most common roulette variations you’ll find at a live casino are:
- American Roulette – unsurprisingly a popular version of the game in the US. Slightly harder for players to win with the additional double zero on the wheel.
- European Roulette – the classic roulette game that most casino regulars will recognise.
- French Roulette – very similar to European Roulette, with some small, subtle changes that affect the payouts.
- Lightning Roulette – a unique roulette game from Evolution that combines the classic roulette you know and love, with some added Lucky Numbers and Lucky Payouts to enhance your experience.
Before you decide which live roulette game you’re going to play, ensure you have read and fully understand the rules. European Roulette is the best one to play if you’re new to the game, as almost every other variation uses these rules as standard, with whatever additions that particular game has to differentiate it.
How to Play Live Roulette with Real Dealers
You’ll be pleased to know that playing live roulette is no different to playing regular online roulette, or even roulette in a real life bricks and mortar casino. If you’re new to playing roulette, we’ll tell you what you need to know. A standard roulette wheel consists of 37 numbers from 0 to 36. The aim of the game is to attempt to predict what number the ball will land on when it is released into the wheel. If you play straight bets (an exact prediction of what number the ball will land on) you’ll get the biggest payout (36/1). This is obviously quite difficult to do, so you have other options such as a split (a bet on two neighboring numbers) or a corner bet (a bet on four neighboring numbers) to enhance your chances of winning. This, of course, lowers your payout. For those who aren’t big risk takers, live roulette also allows some straightforward outside bets such as; red/black, odd/even and high low, which offer you a 50/50 chance of winning with an payout at evens. The only difference you’ll find when playing live roulette to any other version online is that you’ll be playing via a live stream from a real life casino, with a real life dealer spinning the wheel. This removes the random number generator (RNG) element of online play, making the game much more realistic and enjoyable.
Strategies to use in Live Roulette
When it comes to playing roulette online, there is no 100% way to guarantee you can win. That said, there are certain things you can do to give yourself a greater chance of winning on each spin of the wheel. Here are our top tips when playing live roulette online:
- Play European or French Roulette for the best odds – having the single zero improves your chances of a win and reduces the house edge.
- Play outside bets over inside bets – outside bets offer a better chance of winning on each spin.
- Try out free and demo versions when starting out – playing a free version is a great way to get to grips with how it plays. It’s also a good chance to try out some strategies.
- No numbers will ever be “due” – if you see any suggestion that a number is due, ignore it. Roulette is completely random.
- Cover the board – if you have the bankroll, try covering a portion of the board with split, corner and straight up bets. Place a lower stake on your inside bets and a higher stake on your outside bets.
These are just some of the things you can try to help make your live roulette experience online a good one.