Last updated on January 5th, 2023
- Offers unique wagering types not found elsewhere
- User-friendly app
- Wide range of bonuses for customers
- Excellent customer service
- Does not offer live streaming
- Possibility of losing more than your initial wager
- No opportunity for round robins or teasers
Must be 21+ T&Cs apply
Deposit / Withdrawal:3.6
Bonus and Offers PointsBet
One of the unique things about PointsBet is that they have not one, but TWO second chance bets for new customers to take advantage of. Once you create a brand new account with PointsBet, you can get up to $500 in bet credits if your first fixed odds cash bet is settled as a loss. Not only that, you can also get up to $1,500 back in bet credits if your first PointsBetting cash bet is settled as a loss. That means, in total, you are covered up to a massive $2,000 on your first bets when signing up. As with all offers and promotions with online sportsbooks, it’s important that you fully understand the terms and conditions, to ensure there are no surprises down the line. To give you the heads up, here are the key things for you to know:
- This offer is only for customers who are 21 years of age or older
- Eligible new customers are entitled to a maximum of two bet credit refunds. The first is for the first fixed odds bet and the second for the first PointsBetting cash bet.
- Only losing bets qualify towards this welcome offer. If the qualifying bet is settled as a winner, then no credits will be credited to the account
- Only one (1) customer per household/residence/IP address is eligible to qualify for this new customer offer
- Unless it is otherwise stated, the maximum bonus amount that any customer will be awarded is $2,000 total
- Bet credit refunds for qualifying bets that are settled as a loss will be credited within 24 hours of the bet being settled
- Bet credits cannot be withdrawn from your account and do not hold real monetary value
- Bet credit stakes are not included in any potential winnings
- Your bet credits will be valid for seven (7) days from being issued to the account. Any bet credits that are not used will be forfeited
- Any bets place using the bet credits from this promotion cannot be used to cash out a bet
How to Signup in PointsBet
If you’ve decided that you’d like to set up an account with PointsBet, then the good news is that it’s super simple. All you have to do is to head to the PointsBet online sportsbook, or download their dedicated app, to get started. From there, locate the ‘Sign Up’ button, this should be a red button in the top right hand corner. Clicking that will take you to the registration form, in which you will asked to provide the following details:
- Full name
- Your date of birth
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Your SSN
PointsBet will use this information to automatically verify your identity and confirm that you are of legal age to gamble. If, for whatever reason, they are not able to verify your identity, you may be asked to provide supporting documents to help with verification. Once PointsBet has confirmed your identity, you are free to enjoy everything the website and app has to offer.
PointsBet was founded in 2015 in Australia and was introduced to the US sports betting market in 2019. It proved to be the right move for the company and they now operate out of several states including New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois and several more. This has quickly made them one of the biggest sports betting names in the US. In this honest review, we will cover everything you need to know about the PointsBet sportsbook including some of the pros and cons, how to sign up, some popular betting markets and much more. Keep reading to find out more.
Payment Methods for PointsBet
At PointsBet, you can use all of the banking options that you’d expect from a major sportsbook operator including:
- Visa/Mastercard/American Express
- Online banking
- PointsBet PrePaid Card
- Cash (via the Meadowlands Casino in Atlantic City, NJ)
It’s worth remembering that while deposits into your account are instant, most withdrawals will take as much as seven working days to process. If you’d like to instantly withdraw your funds from your account, you can do so by visiting the cash cage at the Meadowlands Casino.
Sports Betting in PointsBet
As you would expect from one of the leading sportsbook operators in the state of New Jersey, you can bet on all of your favourite sports and sporting events. From football, baseball, basketball and soccer to surfing, volleyball and darts, you can wager on it all. At PointsBet, you’ll find all of the most common sports betting markets including:
- Point Spreads
- Totals (Under/Over)
This wide range of sports and betting markets is designed to give you the best online sports betting experience possible.
In terms of software, PointsBet offers one of the best online sports betting experiences in New Jersey. The website and mobile app are both intuitively designed and present quick and easy ways to find the sport and event you’d like to bet on. They even have a ‘Next up’ feature built in, which allows you to see which games are slated to start soon. To help you navigate, there are quick filters at the top of the page which are really responsive and load their corresponding sections of the website quickly. Overall, the software adds to the overall experience.
Mobile App for PointsBet
As one of the newer online sports betting sites on the scene, the PointsBet website has been created and optimized with mobile devices in mind. Despite that, you’ll still get the very best online experience via the dedicated betting app on iOS and Android devices. Despite such a wide range of sports and markets, the app is super simple to navigate and it’s fast too, which is vital when looking at live betting opportunities.
Security and Customer Support in PointsBet
PointsBet is regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, so you can rest assured that you’re betting with a safe, secure operator. In terms of support, PointsBet offers a comprehensive FAQ section to help you find the answers you need. If that doesn’t answer your question, you can contact their customer support team via live chat 24/7, or email them for less urgent matters. In any case, the team will be on hand to support you in any way they can.
Until recently, PointsBet was a sportsbook only operator. However, they have now moved into the online casino sphere and are set to become a major player in years to come. They have enough choices of slots and casino table games to keep you entertained for the time being. It’s likely that PointsBet will expand their casino offering in the future to help them compete with the more established casino brands.